Newfoundland & Labrador Provincial Marathon
Nautilus Half Marathon
Marathon Team Relay
LOCATION AND POTENTIAL NEW ROUTE TO BE CONFIRMED
2015 REGISTRATION OPENS APRIL 15
- Marathon & Half Marathon
- Fee: $TBD
- Marathon Team Relay
- Fee: $TBD
- (per runner - 4 runners per team)
2015 REGISTRATION OPENS APRIL 15
Team of 4 with each runner completing 1 leg of the marathon course:
- Leg 1=10k
- Leg 2=11k
- Leg 3=10.6k
- Leg 4=10.6k
runner registers individually indicating the name of their team and the
leg they'll be running. Registration is per runner and includes race
shirt, finisher medal and post-race BBQ.
teams arrange their own transportation to and from relay tag points.
For example full team can carpool to race start and drop first runner
while remaining 3 runners drive to start point of Leg 2. First runner will start with a relay arm band which gets passed along at each of the 3 exchange points (10k, 21k and 31.6k).
Non-NLAA members will be assessed a $5 One Day Fee.
- Refunds, name transfers or deferments are not permitted.
Race Kit Pick-up
- Where: Bruneau Center, Memorial University TO BE CONFIRMED
When: Saturday September 25 11am - 1pm
click for map
If you are unable to pick up your race kit at this time, someone else can pick it up for you. Just send an
email to email@example.com and tell us who will be picking
up your kit. Unclaimed kits will be at the start line Sunday morning.
- The race is open to members of the Newfoundland and Labrador Athletics Association (NLAA). CLICK HERE for NLAA Membership Information. Annual NLAA Road Race membership is $25. One-day race permit is $5.
Toyota Plaza High Performance Series
The Marathon and Half Marathon are part of the Toyota Plaza High Performance Series,
where NLAA members are awarded points according to their finishing
positions, and score these points leading to year-end awards.
- Medals will be awarded to the first three male and female finishers
in each of seven age groups (Under 20, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59,
60-69 and 70+), and to each member of the first, second and third place relay teams.
- All participants will receive a finishers medal.
- All participants to receive long sleeve race shirt PROVIDING THEY REGISTER BY SEPTEMBER 1.
- Note that Race Organizers will do there best to provide shirts for ALL participants however only those registered by September 1 are guaranteed a shirt.
- THIS IS THE TRADITION COURSE USED FOR THE PAST 9 YEARS.
- WE ARE SEEKING APPROVAL FOR A NEW COURSE FOR 2015.
- TO BE CONFIRMED SOON!
- Start: Both courses will start at the Reid Center in Mount Pearl.
Proceeding onto Smallwood Drive
Left (west) onto Old Placentia Road
Continue west on Old Placentia Road onto Sagona Drive
Turn right (north) onto Clyde Ave
Turn left (west) onto Glencoe Drive
Proceed west turn left onto Home Street
Turn left back onto Clyde Ave
Complete a second loop of Clyde, Glencoe, and Home back onto Clyde
Turn Right onto Sagona Avenue proceeding east on Old Placentia Road
Turn Right at the intersection of Old Placentia and Commonwealth
Proceed onto the Robert E. Howlett Bypass road (Goulds bypass)
Both the half marathon and marathon will continue on the bypass.
The half participants will run approx 1 km out this road make a U
turn and run back to the intersection of Commonwealth
Marathon participants will continue approx 11.75 km´s out the
bypass road and complete a U turn on Bay Bulls Big Pond just (west)
beyond Schinagl´s Garage and continue back the same route.
Both Half and Marathon course participants will turn right (east) onto Brookfield Road
at Commonwealth & Brookfield. Continue east on Brookfield onto Waterford Bridge Road.
Turn right onto Park Road and proceed into the West entrance of Bowring Park.
- For the Marathon Team Relay the first team member starts with the other marathon and half marathon runners and runs the first leg passing a relay armband (provided) to the second team member at the 10k point in the race just past water stop #1. The second team member tags the third runner at the 21k point just past water stop #3, and the third runner tags the final runner just past water stop #3 at the 31.6k mark with the final runner finishing the last 10.6k of the race.
- The completion of all races is at the swimming pool in Bowring Park.
Finish Area facilities and race course officially close at 1:30 pm (6 hours after start).
- CLICK HERE for Google Map
For a 10 minute "virtual tour" of the course have a look at our YouTube Video here : youtu.be/xgvtybJ4wqU
ID # NL -2004-075-BDC.
Post Race Awards Reception and BBQ
- Will take place at the Bungalow in Bowring Park. Starting at 2:00pm on race day.
Additional guest tickets are available at race kit pickup at a cost of $20 per person.
- In the interest of safety and respect for volunteers and participants, headphones are not allowed.
will be provided from the Bowring Park west gravel parking lot off
Waterford Bridge Road to the start line at the Reid Center. Buses depart load and go from 6:30am -
- This is a chip-timed event with timing service provided by ANE.
- Race Director
- Fabien Basset
- Glenn Smith
2012 Pictures (click links below)
Half Marathon Results