7AM Sunday September 25 2016
St. John's NL Canada
~ Newfoundland & Labrador Provincial Marathon
~ Nautilus Half Marathon
~ Marathon Team Relay
Full Marathon & Half Marathon
Fee: $75 Registration UNTIL September 1
Fee: $90 Late Registration AFTER September 1 (and no shirt!)
Marathon Team Relay
Fee: $60 Registration UNTIL September 1
Fee: $75 Late Registration AFTER September 1 (and no shirt!)
(per runner - 4 runners per team)
Team of 4 with each runner completing 1 leg of the marathon course:
- Leg 1 = 11k
- Leg 2 = 10.1k
- Leg 3 = 11k
- Leg 4 = 10.1k
runner registers individually indicating the name of their team and the
leg they will run. Registration is per runner and includes race
shirt (if registered by September 1), finisher medal and post-race BBQ.
First runner will start with a relay arm band which gets passed along at each of the 3 exchange points (11k, 21.1k and 32.1k).
Non-NLAA members will be assessed a $5 One Day Fee.
- Refunds, name transfers or deferments are not permitted.
Race Kit Pick-up
- Where: BRUNEAU CENTER - MUN (was the INCO Center) Map location is here: http://goo.gl/2C7CJ3.
When: Saturday September 24 Noon - 3pm
If your last name starts with A - K please pick up your kit between noon and 1:30pm, L - Z please wait until 1:30pm - 3pm. Relay Teams come any time, or just have 1 team member attend and pick up all 4 kits.
If you are unable to pick up your race kit on Saturday, someone else can get it for you. Just send an
email to email@example.com and tell us who. Unclaimed kits will be at the start line Sunday morning.
- The race is open to members of the Newfoundland and Labrador Athletics Association (NLAA). CLICK HERE for NLAA Membership Information. Annual NLAA Road Race membership is $25. One-day race permit is $5.
- Medals awarded to the first three male and female finishers
in each of seven age groups (Under 20, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59,
60-69 and 70+), and to each member of the first, second and third place relay teams.
- All participants will receive a finishers medal.
- All participants to receive a race shirt PROVIDING THEY REGISTER BY SEPTEMBER 1.
Course is Athletics Canada / Run Canada Committee Certified ID # NL-2015-031-BDC
- ALL EVENTS START 7AM BY THE BUNGALOW IN BOWRING PARK
- The course is a 21.1k loop starting in Bowring Park on the road adjacent to the south side of the Bungalow lawn. Head down the road leaving the park through the east exit by the duck pond. Turn right onto Waterford Bridge Road and right again onto Bay Bulls Road by Corpus Christi with a quick left onto Southside Road.
- Head downtown Southside Road passing the Blackhead Road intersection continuing 400 meters to make a u-turn and return to the intersection. Turn right to cross the Leslie Street bridge and then right onto Water Street. Turn right onto Harbour Drive and then right again back onto Water Street. Turn up Temperance Street to Duckworth Street with a quick right and left onto Quidi Vidi Road.
- Continue along Quidi Vidi Road to Forest Road turning right to proceed counter clockwise around Quidi Vidi Lake and up The Boulevard. Turn left onto Carnell Drive at the top of the lake, then right onto Lake Avenue. DO NOT run all the way up to King's Bridge Road! Instead turn left just past Dominion onto the short footpath taking you to Empire Avenue. Turn left and continue along Empire Avenue through the Forest Road intersection back to Duckworth Street.
- A quick left and right will bring you back down Temperance Street to Water Street. Turn right and follow Water Street right through downtown to Waterford Bridge Road where you veer left and continue up Waterford Bridge Road to the west entrance to Bowring Park at Park Road. Turn left onto Park Road, through the gates into the park and then left at the end of Park Road by the fountain. Continue past the Splash Pad and pool and across the bridge, turning right and running past the Bungalow to finish where you started.
Marathon participants continue past the finish line to complete a second identical loop of the course.
- For the Marathon Team Relay the first team member starts with the full and half marathon runners and runs the first leg passing a relay armband (provided) to the second team member at the 11k point on the Boulevard at Quidi Vidi Lake. The second team member passes the arm band to the third runner at 21.1k mark by just past the bridge and before the Bungalow, and the third runner passes the arm band to the final runner at the 32.1k point on the Boulevard at Quidi Vidi Lake with the final runner finishing the last 10.1k of the race.
- The completion of all races is by the Bungalow in Bowring Park.
- VIEW PDF VIEW GOOGLE MAP VIEW PNG
Finish Area facilities and race course officially close at 1:00 pm (6 hours after start).
ID # NL-2015-031-BDC
Post Race BBQ & Awards
- Post-Race BBQ starts 10am on the Bungalow Lawn in Bowring Park.
Runners show their race bib or finisher medal for admission. Additional guest tickets are available at race kit pickup at a cost of $20 per person. Awards will be presented at 1:30pm.
Hotel partners for the 2017 race to be confirmed.
- In the interest of safety and respect for volunteers and participants, headphones are not allowed.
- This is a chip-timed event with timing service provided by ANE.
- Only those registered by September 1 will receive a race shirt.
- Steph Porter
- Glenn Smith
Half Marathon Results