7AM Sunday September 25 2016
St. John's NL Canada
Newfoundland & Labrador Provincial MarathonNautilus Half Marathon
Marathon Team Relay
RESULTS (2015) (click following links):
PHOTOS (2015) (click following links):
Course is Athletics Canada / Run Canada Committee
REGISTRATION FOR 2015 IS CLOSED
- Marathon & Half Marathon
- Fee: $85 Late Registration After August 31
Team of 4 with each runner completing 1 leg of the marathon course:
- Leg 1=11k
- Leg 2=10.1k
- Leg 3=11k
- Leg 4=10.1k
runner registers individually indicating the name of their team and the
leg they'll be running. Registration is per runner and includes race
shirt (if registered by September 1), finisher medal and post-race BBQ.
First runner will start with a relay arm band which gets passed along at each of the 3 exchange points (11k, 21.1k and 32.1k).
Non-NLAA members will be assessed a $5 One Day Fee.
- Refunds, name transfers or deferments are not permitted.
Race Kit Pick-up
- Where: BRUNEAU CENTER - MUN (was the INCO Center) Map location is here: http://goo.gl/2C7CJ3.
When: Saturday September 26 Noon - 3pm
To avoid congestion at kit pickup, if your last name starts with A - K please pick up your kit between noon and 1:30pm, and if your last name starts with L - Z please wait until 1:30pm - 3pm. Additionally, for Relay Teams we suggest that just 1 team member attend and pick up all 4 kits for your team.
If you are unable to pick up your race kit at this time, someone else can get it for you. Just send an
email to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us who will be picking
up your kit. Unclaimed kits will be at the start line Sunday morning.
- The race is open to members of the Newfoundland and Labrador Athletics Association (NLAA). CLICK HERE for NLAA Membership Information. Annual NLAA Road Race membership is $25. One-day race permit is $5.
Toyota Plaza High Performance Series
The Marathon and Half Marathon are part of the Toyota Plaza High Performance Series,
where NLAA members are awarded points according to their finishing
positions, and score these points leading to year-end awards.
- Medals will be awarded to the first three male and female finishers
in each of seven age groups (Under 20, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59,
60-69 and 70+), and to each member of the first, second and third place relay teams.
- All participants will receive a finishers medal.
- All participants to receive long sleeve race shirt PROVIDING THEY REGISTER BY SEPTEMBER 1.
- ALL EVENTS START 7AM BY THE BUNGALOW IN BOWRING PARK
- The course is a 21.1k loop starting in Bowring Park on the road adjacent to the south side of the Bungalow lawn. Head down the road leaving the park through the east exit by the duck pond. Turn right onto Waterford Bridge Road and right again onto Bay Bulls Road by Corpus Christi with a quick left onto Southside Road.
- Head downtown Southside Road passing the Blackhead Road intersection continuing 400 meters to make a u-turn and return to the intersection. Turn right to cross the Leslie Street bridge and then right onto Water Street. Turn right onto Harbour Drive and then right again back onto Water Street. Turn up Temperance Street to Duckworth Street with a quick right and left onto Quidi Vidi Road.
- Continue along Quidi Vidi Road to Forest Road turning right to proceed counter clockwise around Quidi Vidi Lake and up The Boulevard. Turn left onto Carnell Drive at the top of the lake, then right onto Lake Avenue. DO NOT run all the way up to King's Bridge Road! Instead turn left just past Dominion onto the short footpath taking you to Empire Avenue. Turn left and continue along Empire Avenue through the Forest Road intersection back to Duckworth Street.
- A quick left and right will bring you back down Temperance Street to Water Street. Turn right and follow Water Street right through downtown to Waterford Bridge Road where you veer left and continue up Waterford Bridge Road to the west entrance to Bowring Park at Park Road. Turn left onto Park Road, through the gates into the park and then left at the end of Park Road by the fountain. Continue past the Splash Pad and pool and across the bridge, turning right and running past the Bungalow to finish where you started.
Marathon participants continue past the finish line to complete a second identical loop of the course.
- For the Marathon Team Relay the first team member starts with the full and half marathon runners and runs the first leg passing a relay armband (provided) to the second team member at the 11k point on the Boulevard at Quidi Vidi Lake. The second team member passes the arm band to the third runner at 21.1k mark by the Bungalow, and the third runner passes the arm band to the final runner at the 32.1k point on the Boulevard at Quidi Vidi Lake with the final runner finishing the last 10.1k of the race.
- The completion of all races is by the Bungalow in Bowring Park.
- Google Map: https://goo.gl/aN1Qiq
Finish Area facilities and race course officially close at 1:00 pm (6 hours after start).
ID # NL-2015-031-BDC
Post Race Awards Reception and BBQ
- Will take place at the Bungalow in Bowring Park starting 2pm on race day.
Additional guest tickets are available at race kit pickup at a cost of $20 per person.
The Sheraton Hotel Newfoundland is offering discounted rates for race participants. Nestled in the heart of downtown St. John's this premium property is on the 8k/13k mark of the race loop, and just a 5 minute cab ride from the start/finish line.Rates start at $199 and athletes can make reservations by e-mailing email@example.com noting the group name "Huffin Puffin Marathon". Or call In-House Reservations Department Monday – Friday, 9am – 6pm (Newfoundland Standard time) at 709-758-8453 or Toll Free 1-888-870-3033.
- In the interest of safety and respect for volunteers and participants, headphones are not allowed.
- This is a chip-timed event with timing service provided by ANE.
- Only those registered by September 1 will receive a race shirt.
- Race Director
- Fabien Basset
- Glenn Smith
2012 Pictures (click links below)
Half Marathon Results