Newfoundland & Labrador Provincial Marathon
Nautilus Half Marathon
Marathon Team Relay
7AM Sunday September 27 2015
REGISTRATION IS OPEN.
SCROLL DOWN TO CHOOSE YOUR EVENT...
NEW ROUTE CONFIRMED FOR 2015 !!
We are pleased to announce that a new route has been approved for our race!! No more industrial parks, bypass roads or highways!! Our scenic new course takes in Bowring Park, downtown St.John's and Quidi Vidi Lake!
- Marathon & Half Marathon
- Fee: $75
- Marathon Team Relay
- Fee: $60
- (per runner - 4 runners per team)
Team of 4 with each runner completing 1 leg of the marathon course:
- Leg 1=11k
- Leg 2=10.3k
- Leg 3=10.8k
- Leg 4=10.1k
runner registers individually indicating the name of their team and the
leg they'll be running. Registration is per runner and includes race
shirt, finisher medal and post-race BBQ.
First runner will start with a relay arm band which gets passed along at each of the 3 exchange points (11k, 21k and 32k).
Non-NLAA members will be assessed a $5 One Day Fee.
- Refunds, name transfers or deferments are not permitted.
Race Kit Pick-up
- Where: TO BE CONFIRMED
When: Saturday September 25 11am - 1pm
If you are unable to pick up your race kit at this time, someone else can pick it up for you. Just send an
email to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us who will be picking
up your kit. Unclaimed kits will be at the start line Sunday morning.
- The race is open to members of the Newfoundland and Labrador Athletics Association (NLAA). CLICK HERE for NLAA Membership Information. Annual NLAA Road Race membership is $25. One-day race permit is $5.
Toyota Plaza High Performance Series
The Marathon and Half Marathon are part of the Toyota Plaza High Performance Series,
where NLAA members are awarded points according to their finishing
positions, and score these points leading to year-end awards.
- Medals will be awarded to the first three male and female finishers
in each of seven age groups (Under 20, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59,
60-69 and 70+), and to each member of the first, second and third place relay teams.
- All participants will receive a finishers medal.
- All participants to receive long sleeve race shirt PROVIDING THEY REGISTER BY SEPTEMBER 1.
- Note that Race Organizers will do there best to provide shirts for ALL participants however only those registered by September 1 are guaranteed a shirt.
- ALL EVENTS START 7AM BY THE BUNGALOW IN BOWRING PARK
- Detailed written description coming later but in general the course is a 21.1k loop leaving Bowring Park heading downtown on Southside Road and Water Street onto Harbour Drive. Then up Temperance Street to Forest Road and around Quidi Vidi Lake, returning to Water Street and west onto Waterford Bridge Road back to Bowring Park.
Marathon participants continue past the finish line to complete a second identical loop of the course.
- For the Marathon Team Relay the first team member starts with the full and half marathon runners and runs the first leg passing a relay armband (provided) to the second team member at the 11k point on the Boulevard at Quidi Vidi Lake. The second team member tags the third runner at 21k near the Bungalow, and the third runner tags the final runner at the 32k point on the Boulevard at Quidi Vidi Lake with the final runner finishing the last 10k of the race.
- The completion of all races is by the Bungalow in Bowring Park.
- Google Map: https://goo.gl/aN1Qiq
Finish Area facilities and race course officially close at 1:00 pm (6 hours after start).
ID # to follow.
Post Race Awards Reception and BBQ
- Will take place at the Bungalow in Bowring Park starting 2pm on race day.
Additional guest tickets are available at race kit pickup at a cost of $20 per person.
- In the interest of safety and respect for volunteers and participants, headphones are not allowed.
- This is a chip-timed event with timing service provided by ANE.
- Race Director
- Fabien Basset
- Glenn Smith
2012 Pictures (click links below)
Half Marathon Results